CREDIT REPORTING POLICY
FORUM recognises your privacy and is dedicated to protecting your personal and sensitive information (including credit information and credit eligibility information). Personal information that you give us will be collected, stored and handled in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principals set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code.
Forum collects information about you for the purposes set out below.
Forum may ask you to provide personal information including your name, address, email address and phone number.
Forum collects credit and personal information about you to source for you or a company of which you are a director credit for commercial credit for business purposes or to support an application by you to act as a guarantor and to manage any subsequent credit arrangement made. Forum does not provide consumer credit.
Forum requires the information we collect from you to assess your credit application or application to be a guarantor or the credit application of a company of which you are a director, to source a suitable credit provider and to manage the application process where applicable. If you do not provide the information sought, Forum may be unable to process your application or the company’s application or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you or the company.
Your information – Collection and Credit Reporting Body (CRB) Disclosures
When we collect information from you in the credit application process Forum uses that information in a number of ways to assess your credit application, to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and to manage the credit application and any subsequent credit obtained. We may:
- Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
- Use any information a CRB provides in a report to assist us to preliminarily assess your credit or guarantor application;
- Disclose your personal information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf
- Use that information to administer and enforce credit arrangements made including the billing and collection of overdue commercial credit payments
- Use that information for directly related internal management purposes
Forum collects and uses other credit information and personal information to improve its products and services. Forum may also use such information to provide its customers with marketing materials subject to the required consents and their rights to opt out of receiving such communications.
The information we obtain from you is used subject to compliance with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws only for the purposes listed in this consent and is not disclosed to any other person except with your permission or as permitted or required by law.
Forum discloses identification information to credit reporting bodies in order to obtain credit information from them. The credit reporting body with whom Forum deals is Veda Advantage. Its contact information and credit reporting policy is available to view at www.veda.com.au.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider that are reasonably necessary to manage the application process and to manage any subsequent credit arrangements that are put in place. When doing so we are acting as the agent for the credit provider with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. These credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the schedule below.
A credit provider to whom we submit an application may disclose information about you to and collect information about you from one or more CRBs.
- That the CRB may include information the credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness;
- How you can obtain the credit provider or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information
- Your right to access and or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre-screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider
- Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud
Each credit provider’s website includes information about how to contact the credit provider and how to get a copy of its privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hard copy or email)
Schedule of Credit Providers
Name of Credit Provider
Westlawn Finance Limited (ABN 19 096 725 218)
Northern Managed Finance Pty Ltd (ABN 43 125 018 582)
You have the right to ask:
- Us to provide you with the information we hold about you
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect
- The CRB not to use our information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you.
Accuracy of Information Collected
Access to Information Collected
To contact us for more information about this policy or to access your personal information, request a correction, make a complaint or to change your marketing preferences you can:
Telephone us directly on 1300 036 786 and ask to speak to our privacy officer
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words Privacy Request in your subject heading.
Changes to our Credit Reporting Policy
This policy may change from time to time including to comply with any future changes to the Privacy Act or any related laws or regulations. Any changes to our Credit Reporting Policy will be posted to our website and will be effective from the date of posting unless stated otherwise.